Tuesday, November 13, 2007

OFF To Powdercoating

On Friday I got to work on getting my diff mounts to fit my diff.Stupid bottom holes were in the wrong position by about 5mm. So I had fun using a round file to get the holes to the right size and position. Next came a small grinder to grind of a bit of steel to get the diff to fit nicely:) Almost forgot my father welded in a new handbrake bracket cause either I have the incorrect handbrake for the Locost SA chassis or their bracket was in the wrong position on my chassis.





My chassis went of to get powdercoated through one of my girlfriend's father's friend.(Will hopefully get it on Wednesday:) )
Pictures of Chassis before going of to Powdercoating.
Anyone wanting to see what a Locost SA Chassis looks like:




Donor Parts
I Got all Donor parts back in July while I was on holiday. Cleaned everything using a mix of petrol and dishwashing liquid(SunLIght dishwashing soap) and a bit of diesel and paraffin. Best stuff I have found to get rid of thick grease and rubbish. Painted all the parts that needed painting. I used Spray On Engine enamel Spray paint to paint the brakes nice bright Red. I should have put some oil on the bare metal.Today I cleaned the parts that I forgot to put oil on> It's amazing how stuff rusts here in Joburg.

No comments: